AllForU

Monday, May 02, 2005

Petals Around The Rose

Went to Mingyi's blog and saw an entry on Petals Around the Rose. She says that you can try it when you are bored. I was kinda bored cos there are no good shows on tv and I dun really want to surf the internet for any jobs. So, I went to the link provided, http://crux.baker.edu/cdavis09/roses.html. So I read the instructions and I was so excited to plunge into the game straight and wanna see how smart I am.

Think I tried for about 10 minutes and a dozen tries but I could not get the answer. Was really frustrated. So I went to read the comments that people who have tried the game posted, thinking that there might be some clues to it. There were so many of them so I scanned through some of them. Got a hint that the answer lies in the name of the game and that the answer is definitely even. But still, I can't seem to solve it. Out of desparation, I went to the google search engine and I typed "Solutions to Petals Around the Rose". I know that I shouldn't do that but I think I wun be able to sleep tonite if I can't solve it. Went to the second link first. It was a forum that someone posted about the game. No clues. So I went to this website, http://www.enc.org/features/focus/archive/inquiry/document.shtm?input=FOC-000711-index#sje. Here is where I managed to see some light. It was a story about how a teacher introduced this game to the class. So, the examples were listed. And my mind I keep reminding myself that the clue to this game lies in the name of the game itself. And after like three examples, I think I got it. So, I went back to the website again and tried it. This time round, I got the answers! I am so happy that I finally solved it. Felt so dumb just now. Haha. So, if you are reading this, go and try it out! It's really fun!

2 Comments:

  • was happily playing your rose petal game, n showing off to sy tt i managed to get the answer by 2 try, when i read your comment... the smarter u are, the longer it takes for u to solve the puzzle.. *wahhhhhhh* <-- meant to be crying..

    By Blogger Sunshye, at 4:34 PM  

  • Haha..dun think its true la..think the professor put that one in, so that pple will be tempted to go play it and see how smart or stupid they are lor..just a gimmick I suppose..haha..anyway, I took kinda long to solve it haha..one hour I think..haha.

    By Blogger Dear Dear, at 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home