AllForU

Monday, June 13, 2005

Ex-Colleagues from Standard Chartered Bank

Received an sms from Serena this morning. She read my email to her and asked whether I will be free to have lunch together today. So, we arranged to meet at 1230 at Raffles City Delifrance.

Reached Raffles City at about 1215. As I was making my way to Delifrance, so coincidence, I saw Joyce (my cousin) and my 10 year old niece Danielle. So coincidence lor..never arrange to meet and we can bump into each other at that exact time and at that exact place. Since it was still early, I accompanied them to buy some cakes and pastries before meeting up with Serena.

Had a nice chat with Serena over lunch. She is now a permanent staff at SCB. Busy as always. But she told me she is the least busy as compared to the others. I told her I will be going to UOB to work. She told me its good and told me to make use of this opportunity to learn as much as I can at UOB. She says by the end of the 2 years, I should have some market value if I would to job hop.

After lunch, I walked with her back to Plaza by the Park. She asked me whether I would like to go up to give my other ex-colleagues a surprise..haha..but I was not dressed properly but she says it was ok..hee..so off I went. I think I really look weird in the office. Everyone were dressed smartly. I was the onli one in tank top and jeans and PINK sneakers..and carrrying my sling bag...haha...I told my colleague that I was really worried that I will get chased out by the security for being improperly dressed haha.

So first, I met up with Choo Leng. She is no longer in Finance Dept. She has moved to another depts. She is really busy as she has just moved over and the learning curve is really steep. Heard from Serena that she works till 9 plus 10 everyday and its normal...wow...career woman...have to balance work and family committments.

Then, I asked Choo Leng to bring me over to the other depts. Haha..cos I dun wanna walk alone to find the others..later really get chased out..haha. Then saw Yong Hoong. Think she got promoted to dept manager liao ba..she got her own office now. She asked me whether I got go on holiday..then I told her I just came back from Taiwan..haha then she told me she just came back from Taiwan too..3 days onli..haha business trip..and she will be flying off to another country for business trip too! The second career woman! Haha..there are lotsa of them at SCB. Really admired them.

Next, Ai Lanne popped over..hee I worked the most with her during my internship..Still remembered that I went back on Saturday to work with her once. Her little boy boy already 2 years old liao. She is still working in the same dept but no longer doing cost..doing other stuff. And busy as always. Cos this is the busy period...closing...so everyone is so busy..so I decided not to stay long and disturb them further heh. Will be meeting up with Choo Leng and Ai Lanne on Wednesday for lunch. Yong Hoong and Selina may not be able to make it as they are tied up with work.

Yupz..Selina is next..she is the personal assistant to the big bosses. So, have to check the big bosses schedule before she will noe whether she can make it for lunch on Wed. Lily is on holiday and Woei Shiuan has just left for Business trip in Hong Kong. My supervisor, Yu Jin, has moved to the SCB UK Branch.

So basically, everyone is still there and doing fine. Busy as ants. Nothing special. They have been working this hard since I was an intern there. I guess there will be more catching up on Wed...will tell them more about my first job and everything and get some precious advice from them ba. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home