AllForU

Monday, July 18, 2005

Half-Day Orientation

Had my orientation today at UOB Plaza 1. Kinda weird hor cos I started working like 2 weeks plus liao. Reached HR office at 9 sharp. Jennifer was already there waiting for me. There were a number of newbies also..this is their first day and they are going to have orientation today too..that sounds more logical than our case..work liao then go orientation..after that go back to work. haha. But I guess we were much more composed than the rest cos at least I had Jennifer for company. The rest dunno each other so were just sitting quietly by themselves.

Guess who I met there? I saw my friend, Xiuwen, from applied econs. Today is her first day of work but she will be going to Aljunied Branch, so no chance that we can be colleagues but we are still working in the same organisation. Actually very qiao..me and her..we should have been friends since year 1 but didn't get to know each other till year 3. Still remember when the two of us took the same GE, Chinese Tradition and Society, in year 1. Both of us were sitting by ourselves and none of us actually took the initiative to talk to each other. Then year 2, both of us happen to take the same GE again, Human Origins and Migration..this time round, we were no longer sitting alone but with our own friends..haha year 2 liao ma..know that GE should find friends to take together then more fun. So, we still didn't get to talk. Year 3 came and we took the same PE, Tourism, that we actually really talk. So, it seems that we are really you yuan..now we working in the same organisation.

After the orientation ended, we decided to have lunch with a group of newbies. All of them are going to branches to work. Have a feeling that this might be the first and last time that I actually meet them. We went TCC to have lunch. Ok..here comes the cock up. We ordered our food and after like half an hour, the food was still not here and TCC was kinda empty. So, upon asking the waiter, he told us that there was some miscommunication between the second floor and the first floor, so they are onli starting to prepare the food now...think cos we were sitting in an isolated corner so no one notices us.

Now, me and Jennifer have to eat in a rush cos our lunch time is only one hour and we had to rush back to Novena Square to work. Not very nice if we go back late. Its Monday and the call volume is certainly very high. Anyway, it was quite a nice lunch talking to the others although this is the first time that we are meeting...we kinda break the ice fast..think its just gals..haha.

Back to work at office. The time passes by very fast cos by the time we reached back office, its already 220. So late! Sure cannot meet my target of 200 calls per day. Shucks. But nevermind, will Jiayou tmr!

Decided not to talk so much in details about my work. I dun want to commit any banking secrecy act and get fined I think 150k or imprisonment for 3 years. So decided to keep mum and play safe. Just like to say that I love my job. I love my colleagues, esp Jennifer, Sara and Josephine! The 4 of us came in on the same day and went through training together. The 4 of us are seated together and we will always help each other. So nice. I love my managers too! They are very helpful and dun put on any airs. Any problems, just look for them and they are always there to help you.

ok..that is all for today. Something to look forward to tmr! Going to break my record..hopefully! Jiayou!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home