AllForU

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Trip to International Plaza

Today, I went to International Plaza with Wendy. She made an appointment with this lady from XXX. Heard from Wendy that she helps pple find banking related jobs. So, I had a small talk with her. And she asked me, so will you be getting your honours? Then, I said to be on the safe side, it should be a pass with merit cos I dun think i will be able to get my honours. She was kinda sacarstic I feel by saying, "WAH! NO HONOURS! That will be hard you noe. Most banks need pple with honours." So, i just replied quite sacarstically I feel, "but there is nothing I could do now ma. I mean I finished my last exams already." Think she is just being frank but I tot she is not being very tactful in a way. Wendy agreed with me that she is kinda snobbish. Look down on pple who dun get honours. Our former later president, Mr. Wee Kim Wee was also not a degree holder when he became president of Singapore ba but he still succceded in life and became a president that so many pple adored.

Then, she carried on and ask, "So, went for any job interviews so far?" So, I just told her, "Nope but I had a phone interview with UOB for the position of customer service officer." As expected, her immediate reaction (and a kind of this-kind-of-job-you-also-want kind of face), "You sure you want this kind of job? Not much prospects you noe...this kind of skills set wun bring you far leh..." ok, that is enough, first she says I have no honours, hard to get a good job then she commented on me wanting to be a customer service officer. Does she have a problem or not? Its not as if I dun have honours and I am asking her to find some high end job for me lor...I am just asking her to find a job for me. Is there a need to be so sarcastic? Haiz. Think she has very low EQ. And she keeps asking me and Wendy whether we have any friends who are looking for jobs...and whether we can introduce them to her..think she just want to get more money so that can earn more money. ok, I will not deny the fact that she opened this company to earn money but if she continue to be soooo sacarstic, that will be the end of her company! haha.

Then we also went to a no. of job agencies. Some of them just gave us their namecards and told us to go to their website and post our resumes. Some told us to fill in some forms and will talk to us regarding the kind of jobs that we want. There is this one particular company..really cannot make it. When we went in, we asked is this a recruitment firm, this guy with a blur blur look says yes..so we were waiting for him to give us some forms to fill up or something like that, but he just stood there. So, we asked again, so what do we have to give? Then, he just give us this small pathetic piece of flimpsy paper..yes its paper not namecard...this is still ok but the piece of paper is so small that I have trouble looking at the words..that is how small it is..really a very environmetal friendly firm..haha..sacarstic me. Then I asked,"May I know what kind of companies do your firm deal with?" This guy gave me the, "Huh!" look and he referred me to another person...haha then the person who came just say,"Just post your resume. We will call you if you meet the company's requirements." Duh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home