AllForU

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Results out!

Today is D-Day! Day of results.

Woke up at 8 plus. Couldn't get back to sleep. Nervous. Switched on the computer and waited. Played minesweeper with WS to kill time. Talked to Yixin and Dear but dear went off to uncle's shop so continued talking to Yixin. On the topic of exam results which make the two of us even more nervous.

9 a.m. passed, 10 a.m. passed, 11 a.m. passed..Results not out yet.

Then think its 1130, WS msn me "Out ley". I replied, "Issit?" Went to check. Yupz its out but onli half. They onli showed my SM and FYP grades. C for SM and A for FYP. Ha knew it. Interpreted the second qn for my SM wrongly. Knew it after I finished doing tat qn and went on to the third qn. By the time, no time to change. And my coursework is lousy. I got a super slacker in my group who could actualli oversleep on the day of presentation and not turn up..first speaker somemore and all her slides are RUBBISH! Sent it to us the night before at 11 p.m. when presentation is 830 the next morning. What a slacker! The whole group's grade pulled down all bcos of her! Ok. Enough shifting of blame. If I have kept my mind clearer during the exams, I could have gotten a B. Glad that my FYP got an A. Went through a lot of rough times with my group mates in the course of FYP. Glad that Prof Hooi gave us an A in the end. =)

Still waiting for the results for the remaining three modules..Waiting..waiting..wondering what are they doing..why release only half. Refresh the page and scrolled down. Saw an honours classification. Got pass with merits. Expected with my results from the pass few semesters. Luckily still got merits. Haha. At least I know that I am not the last in the cohort. I am ok with not being the top but I hate it if I am the last. Ever since young, I am never the last..at least academically. I dun deserve to be last cos I believe I have worked hard enough not to be the last. Though I didnt get my honours, its ok. Three years in NTU has taught me much more than results. Although I will be even happier if I get my honours but now that I didnt, the world is not crashing down on me either. I will still move on. Confidently.

Seems like forever but think about half an hour later, all the results came out. Not those that I can go around boosting but hey this is the best semester that I ever had. At least to me. I got As for 2 of the banking modules that I took. First time in Uni. Best I got for a banking module is a B. Very happy. At least it proves something, at least to myself, that I am not a lousy banking student. A in a year 3 module. Haha. Getting carried away with the A that is so hard to come by for me. Pardon me. Realised its the wrong studying method all along in my previous semesters. Took so long for me to find out. But at least I did before I graduated. Happy. I am sure I would have done better given a second try. Haha. But why bother now. I graduated. Now its the time to find a job and excel in it. No regrets.

Called Dear to tell him results out. Dear in office, asked me to help him check but I can't log out of the student link. Closed it and opened again, still under my name. Finally, Dear went to check himself after removing the firewalls in the computer.

Dear got his FIRST CLASS HONOURS!

Hee. So happy for him. I already knew he will get it. But he keep saying that he might just get his second upper. But looking at his results, I noe he has chance at First Class. Hee. Can go around telling pple that my bf has First Class Honours. Haha. No lah. I am not such a bimbo. Just very happy for him although our results are like so far apart. But Dear is happy for me too..for my results this sem. Ok. Enough of boosting. Haha.

Everyone is happy for him. Still need to explain further? Nope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home